Graduate School Online Application System
The deadline for submitting applications to The David Rockefeller Graduate Program for 2014 has now passed and applications are no longer being accepted. Please check back with us next year for information regarding upcoming application submissions.
Welcome to The Rockefeller University's Online Application System (OAS) for The David Rockefeller Graduate Program.
To begin the application process you must first register for an account. Once you have completed your registration, you will receive e-mail notification that your registration has been accepted. This e-mail message will contain a link to validate your registration and allow you to continue with your application submission.
Prior to starting the application process, please read the FAQ page to assist you with using the OAS. The next step is to complete all of the required fields for each section of the application form.
All documents listed below must be submitted in order to complete your application ---
- The completed Online Application Form.
A Personal Statement, in two to four double-spaced pages, describing your academic background, research experience and career goals. This is a very important part of your application. Please take the time to communicate to the Admissions Committee what your interests are and how they would fit into the Rockefeller Ph.D. program. The personal statement is uploaded and submitted as part of the online application.
Personal statements must be submitted in PDF format: If you do not have the tools needed to create PDF files, you may use the Word to PDF converter we have provided on the Upload Documents page of the application form.
- Official transcripts* of all undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Recommendations from three or four sponsors who can assess your potential for research. Please note that we will contact the recommenders you list for letters of recommendation as soon as they have been specified (i.e., before your application is submitted).
- GRE and TOEFL scores.* The General Graduate Record Examination is required and an Advanced Subject Graduate Record Examination is strongly recommended for admission. Applicants from non-English speaking countries should supply evidence of their proficiency in written and oral communication in the English language. An official TOEFL score is required.
- The Application Fee of $50, payable by check or credit card.
* Official transcripts, GRE and TOEFL scores must be submitted separately by the responsible agencies, but no later than the application deadline. Our 'Institution Code', for the Educational Testing Service (GRE results) is 2761.
Your application is considered complete once we have received the completed application form and the required documents listed above. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please note that the deadline for receipt of application materials is December 2, 2013.
If you have questions regarding your application or require assistance with the online application system, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at .